These graphs document the migration of 256 individuals from Lincolnshire to New England from 1620 through 1640.
- 25% (64) were from the Alford Area
- 65% (166) of these migrants were from the Boston Area
- 10% (26) were from other areas of Lincolnshire
MIGRATION BY LOCATION
Roger Thompson published his work MOBILITY AND MIGRATION in 2009. My research shows 78% more migrants from Lincolnshire than Thompson’s data does. In particular, our data varies most for 1630, 1633, 1638, and 1639.
- Boston Migrations
- Boston Immigrants
- Alford Migrations
- Alford Immigrants
- Other Lincolnshire Migrations
- Other Lincolnshire Immigrants
For the purposes of the LINCOLNSHIRE MIGRATIONS menu, the items shown above will be discussed over time. As each item is added, it will be posted in the BLOG section of the HOMEPAGE and subscribers will be notified of the addition. For now, those items listed below will be included and items show in bold highlight have been completed. Please comment on this page to discuss any additions or corrections to the list.
© by Barry A. Cotton
- Anderson, Robert Charles. The Winthrop Fleet, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012.
- Anderson, Robert Charles. The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, Boston: The New England Historical Genealogical Society, 2015.
- Banks, Charles Edward. The Winthrop Fleet of 1630., Houghton Mifflin Company, 1930.
- Great Migration (Online database. AmericanAncestors.org. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2019)
- Moore, Susan Hardman. Abandoning America, Boydell & Brewer, 2016.